Back in June 2015 I embarked on my first solo trip to Lake Como, Italy. It was an amazing experience and one that inspired wanderlust in me.
I loved seeing the beautiful landscape, eating the food and taking casual walks and boat trips around the towns and over the lake. It was just so nice to go at my own pace and, while I do prefer to travel with someone else, I’d happily go it alone again.
I have no holidays booked this year yet but I’ve been thinking a lot about where I want to go next. My wanderlust list is fairly extensive and I have some great destinations in mind all over the world but it’s become clear to me how little I have actually seen of Europe. As it’s pretty much in my back yard, I have put together a list of places I really want to see in the next few years. Some of these place I have already seen but really want to go back to. Other’s are brand new.
- Amsterdam- slightly clichéd for us Brits I know but I’ve never been. I can imagine cycling around the canals and….
- Paris – I went a couple of times as a child and a teenager but I’d love to see Paris again as an adult
- Milan and the Lakes – I only saw the airport and the train station of Milan when I went to Como. I’d love to do a tour of all the lakes and include a Milan visit too.
- Barcelona – After my first visit here I vowed to go back. It’s been a few years and I’d love to see it again.
- Dublin – With my Irish roots, you would think this was already ticked off my list (my Nan is from Belfast but close enough – don’t tell her that though!)
- Italy and more Italy! – I’d love to see more of this beautiful country: Florence, Venice, Rome and Sorrento and so much more.
So many places to go. Narrowing it down is tough. It might be time to book something!